CD: Arkansas Blues Vol. 1 - Stackhouse SRC-1910
KEEP IT TO YOURSELF: ARKANSAS BLUES VOLUME 1 -- SOLO PERFORMANCES
Stackhouse Recording Company's first release is Keep It To Yourself: Arkansas Blues Vol. 1 -- Solo Performances, a collection of solo blues guitar, harmonica and piano performances recorded in Arkansas in 1976 featuring CeDell Davis, Willie Wright, W.C. Clay, Willie Moore, Trenton Cooper, Nelson Carson, Mack White, Reola Jackson, and Herbert Wilson.
The cover depicts a handpainted illustration of Sonny Boy Williamson from one of the old King Biscuit Flour/Sonny Boy Corn Meal trucks in Helena, Arkansas, that used to deliver to the grocery stores in the Delta; it appears on this CD cover in the correct color for the first time (the pink color on the original LP, Rooster Blues R7605, was a printer error).
The opening and closing tracks on the CD are versions of the King Biscuit Time radio show opening and closing themes performed by W.C. Clay, who was the guitarist on King Biscuit Time in the early 1950s. CeDell Davis has four tracks on the CD and will be featured on an upcoming solo CD of vintage recordings. Liner notes are by producer Louis Guida and Jim O'Neal.
This album was "Selected as an Outstanding Folk Recording" on a list released by the American Folklife Center at The Library of Congress.
1. King Biscuit Time (Opening Theme) - W.C. Clay
2. Keep It to Yourself - W.C. Clay
3. Someday Baby Blues - W.C. Clay
4. Standing at My Window - W.C. Clay
5. I'll Take Care of You - Reola Jackson
6. Roaring Twenties Rag - Nelson Carson
7. Hill Country Blues - Nelson Carson
8. Old Time March - Mack White
9. John Henry - Willie Wright
10. Standing Around Crying - Willie Wright
11. Willie's Blues - Willie Moore
12. Hello Central - Herbert Wilson
13. That's Boogie! - Trenton Cooper
14. Educator's Blues - Trenton Cooper
15. Fish Tail Theme - Trenton Cooper
16. Let Me Play with Your Poodle - CeDell Davis
17. Lonely Nights - CeDell Davis
18. Big G Boogie - CeDell Davis
19. How Much More - CeDell Davis
20. Natchez Burning - Willie Wright
21. What'd I Say - W.C. Clay
22. King Biscuit Time (Closing Theme) - W.C. Clay
Mail order price: $12.98 plus $3.75 postage & handling (USA). Foreign postage: $7.50 (Canada, Europe & South America); $10.00 (Asia & Australia). We accept PayPal, cash, checks, or money orders. Send orders to Stackhouse, 3516 Holmes St., Kansas City MO 64109. PayPal e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vol. 2 of the Arkansas Blues series will feature bands recorded in 1976, including Calvin Leavy, Duke Bradley, and Harmonica Slim. These albums are produced in conjunction with the Delta Cultural Center in Helena.
Stackhouse CDs are distributed in North America by:
CITY HALL RECORDS
101 Glacier Point, Suite C
San Rafael, CA 94901
PHONE: (415) 457-9080 FAX: (415) 457-0780 www.cityhallrecords.com
Stackhouse Recording Company
c/o BLUESOTERICA ARCHIVES & PRODUCTIONS
3516 Holmes Street
Kansas City MO 64109